5 ways you can look and feel younger right now
- Posted on: Jan 30 2018
Your New Year’s resolutions likely include a goal related to looking younger or feeling more energized. In addition to the excellent services offered by Consultants in Ophthalmic and Facial Plastic Surgery, here are at home remedies to start looking and feeling your best right now.
- Stop smoking: In addition to the chaos that smoking can wreak on the human body, research continues to confirm the negative impact it can have on your skin as well. Studies show that smoking releases an enzyme that breaks down elastin and collagen, which are both vital ingredients to maintaining younger looking skin.
- Go to sleep: When you fail to give your body the sleep it requires, the body creates extra cortisol. This hormone can break down skin cells. Sufficient rest also allows your body to produce more HGH (human growth hormone), which can help skin maintain elasticity. In addition to helping your skin look younger, you’ll feel better and be more energized.
- Eat more fish: Not only is fish an excellent option for a healthy diet, it is also an incredible source of protein, which aids in maintaining great skin. It’s even a source of omega-3, which helps reduce wrinkles and keep the skin looking younger. The next time you’re at the grocery store, stock up on salmon and other cold water fish
- Moisturize: With the thousands of anti aging products available, we often overlook the simple effectiveness of moisturizing daily. You don’t need an expensive moisturizer. The trick is to moisturize often, especially morning and night, to help your skin stay hydrated and protect against the appearance of wrinkles.
- Eat right: You may be tired of hearing it, but it won’t change the truth. Eating more fruits and vegetables will enhance your health along with benefitting your skin.
Arrange a consultation
At Consultants in Ophthalmic and Facial Plastic Surgery, we offer a variety of services that can help you look younger. To learn more about our services, give our office a call at 248-357-5100. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you look and feel your best this New Year!
Posted in: Non-Surgical Rejuvenation